Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiDas > MS509 unusable after update
MS509 unusable after update

2767 Views 0 Replies Create Time: 2017-05-01 17:08:22

•   Level 1   
    (5) points
    theland
    2017-05-01 17:08:22
    Hi. So I know the Autel MS509 is an old product (didn't know which forum to post, but I noticed MS509 posts were located here), but it's worked perfectly for me, until now. This was the first time I hooked it up to a computer to print some data, and while I was at it, I thought I'd update the thing. I used the MS509 update pack found on: http://www.auteltech.com/autelcms/UpdatesDownloads/429.jhtml#

I used MaxiLink 2.0 to update it. I tried first one BIN file in the pack, then the other. The first one destroyed the thing completely. The display always has the engine symbol with the OBDII in the center, but all the rest was filled with wavy lines, and when I clicked on some button to go to a menu, the screen was filled with those wavy lines.

Then I tried the second one. It destroyed all the texts. There are still actual letters, but nothing that makes sense. Now, if I access the menu, and press the first option, which should be "read codes" but it's still jibberish, it actually starts and tries to connect to the car's system, so it seems like the device is working, it's just the texts that are wrong.

I use English language, and this was bought from an authorized dealer. I would really like to get this working again. Any ideas? I would like to try to downgrade to a different firmware. It's worth mentioning that, no matter which BIN file I choose, the opening screen displays correctly, saying AUTEL and version 3.00. If I could only find an older BIN, that might help, but I've only found the current upgrade pack.

I'd be very thankful for any suggestions, and I'd really appreciate it if Autel could provide me with an older BIN file to try and see if that would help. I like this scanner, and wouldn't want to buy a new one simply because, for some reason, an update downloaded from the official website made it unusable.

(it appears the file attachment isn't working, and I can't delete the file when editing the message, so just disregard it - i'll be happy to provide screenshots if needed)

file:  DSC_0961.JPG
  Total1 Pages